Join us Sunday, February 25, 2018 to discuss articles around the theme of: Giving Voice to Your Feminist Values. The articles we’ll be discussing this month are: a fun, topical article about womxn doing cool things and a companion brief feminist theory essay, centering around putting your values into your work and life.
Join us at Fezziwig’s for lunch, a sundae or tea for this lively discussion!
RSVP on Eventbrite so we know how many of you to expect.
Download print versions of this month’s articles here:
- The Culture Is Changing, With Feminist Cheese – The New York Times
- The Transformation of Silence Into Language & Action, by Audre Lorde
Fezziwig’s Food & Fountain
112 State Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
About Feminist Article Club
Like the idea of a book club but don’t have time to read a whole book right now? That’s what article clubs are for. Many important and inspiring things have been written in short form — we explore them in Feminist Article Club.
After our discussion, you are also encouraged to come with us to this important event at 2pm:
Tea Talk: Ain’t I a Woman
In the wake of Democrat Doug Jones’ victory in the Alabama special election, Black women again became icons, trapped in a cycle of ennoblement, flattening, and dehumanization.
Black women and girls have continually been on the front lines of progressive change movements, using their voices and stories to mobilize intersectional coalitions to dismantle oppressive systems. Yet, they are routinely portrayed in television and film as sassy, neck-rolling harpies with major attitude problems. Black women say these depictions have real world consequences in their lives and careers.
- Delia Konzett, Professor of English, University of New Hampshire
- Courtney Marshall, Instructor in English, Philips Exeter Academy *
- Professor Aria Halliday *
- Professor Kabria Baumgartner
* You may know these two panelists from Feminist Theory + Lemonade