You’ve read about our Mission & Values and they align with your personal feminist beliefs. You’ve read our Discussion Guidelines and agree to adhere to them. And, yes, you read our note on inclusive language and like that we have a goal to be as inclusive and intersectional as possible while acknowledging that we won’t always get it right. Cool!
What’s that? Now you’re curious about how you can get involved in our work? Great! We’ve got lots of ways for you to get involved.
Become a Member
First and foremost, becoming a Feminist Oasis member is the best way to support our work. With a variety of levels and benefits, there’s something for everyone who is looking to help build a #feministoasis in our community! Learn more and join today.
Provide a Venue
We’re always looking for new, large, unique venues to hold events around the Seacoast. Do you or someone you know have a business with room to share? Let us know! Some events we need space for regularly include:
- Coworking each month: This should have room for a group of up to 12 people to gather and collaboratively work. Strong wifi is a must.
- Article Clubs & Book clubs: This should have room for a group of up to 12 people to gather and discuss. Fairly quiet environment is preferred.
- Learning Events: Venues for these events should have room for 50+ people, sound system and equipment, and the ability to allow us to offer event attendees food and drink.
Facilitate a Workshop
Are you a strong public speaker with knowledge of feminist theory fundamentals? Consider facilitating the workshops we hold during our coworking sessions! You’ll work with Feminist Oasis Founder Crystal to pre-determine the workshop’s theme, prepare content, and will lead the coworking group’s collaborative workshop.
Freelance as Part of Our Team
Are you a feminist who has mad skills? We’d love for you to share them with us! Below are some of the things we could currently use help with:
- Graphic Designer: This area of work includes creating imagery for email headers and social media posts, layout design for posters and flyers, and other fun things we come up with along the way (Cards?! Pins?! Stickers?!).
- Event/Project Manager: If you know everyone in the Seacoast and can help us secure venues, food, drinks, materials, as well as keep track of deadlines this is for you.
- Communications Guru: Social media management, strategic email marketing campaigns, and general PR work to raise awareness, improve event ticket sales, and help us grow our membership are involved in this role.
- Bookkeeper/Accountant: We’re creating and borrowing from all sorts of models when it comes to finances for our new LLC. Got QuickBooks/FreshBooks knowledge and love spreadsheets? Maybes this is a thing you could help us with!
Spread the Word