One of the questions we asked on our Feminist Theory + Lemonade conversation wall was: Who is a woman/womxn who has inspired you during this past year?
We thought we’d share the responses here, as we approach our next event, which is: Galentine’s Day, a celebration of female friendship.
Who is a woman/womxn who has inspired you during this past year?
- Jessica Todd + endless mores…
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, since 1993 and on…
- My mom Stephanie ❤
- Any that refuse to shut up. And there are several.
- Pam Raiford ❤
- Nancy Pearson, Badass Extraordinaire ❤
- My grandmother
- My mother
- Atyia Martin (Chief Resilience Officer – Boston) ⭐ Yes!
- Abbi + Ilana ❤
- Women in my community who I met thru activism
- My 84 year old mother!
- adrienne maree brown — read Emergent Strategy
- Ellen Degeneres
- Numerous women scientists / environmental practitioners working to save the planet
What a list! And we love that many had hearts or stars added to them. We could really feel the love in these responses!
Who would you add — who has inspired you this year?
*Featured Photo by Kate & Keith Photography*